Choosing the right rug for a nursery
- In some cases you can use a nursery rug as a mattress pad in the cot
- As your baby learns to play on their tummy a nursery rug can add comfort and support
- You can use a nursery rug as a liner for the playpen as your child grows bigger
- If you don’t want to lay carpet or change carpet in the nursery a good quality rug will cover the floor and provide a comfortable area for baby to play.
- You can move the nursery rug from room to room allowing for greater mobility than carpeting.
- COMFORT – If you are planning a rug for inside the baby’s cot, considering he or she will spend a lot of time on the rug, sheep skin is a great choice, it’s warm, soft and comfortable.
- DECOR – You may want to go with a nursery style pattern, something with eye catching and bright colours – try and avoid red or black. Jungle or sea animals, cartoon characters etc are all designs kids love.
- MATERIALS – where possible try and buy a nursery rug that is hypoallergenic, babies and children will spend a lot of time on the rug, so it’s good to know what materials are being used in a rug. Scattermats always lists materials used in the rugs they sell
- CLEAN – choose a nursery rug that is easy to clean, young babies kick, push and throw, food, drink etc, so to save you time, chose a rug that is easy to clean.